Friday, September 29, 2006

Sometimes

Sometimes we love people enough that we don't really need to understand them. Sometimes we love people that much but wish we could get inside of their heads just a little bit.

There is someone I love that lives in a bubble. I imagine her in a giant snowglobe protected from the outside air and weather. I just want to shake that snow globe so hard that she falls out and sees the world from outside of her perceptions. I want her to breathe the same air that I breathe, to see the same view that I see.

I imagine her in her snowglobe home doing things, making things in complete silence all around her. I imagine her gardening, cooking, cleaning, picking up new hobbies and occasionally having that globe shaken so hard that she loses her balance and doesn't know why.

When we talk I know she's got so much noise in her head that she can't hear me and no matter what I say it can't break through the din of her mind.

Mom, do you know that I can eat 2 pounds of blueberries an hour (based on having eaten 20 pounds in 10 hours) ? Do you know that I cry when I see elderly people alone? That I'm mad at you and dad for leaving both of your mothers behind the iron curtain to age alone? That I dated boys that were mean to me? That My favourite tea is Genmaicha and the smell of rosemary reminds me of you which is why it's my favourite herb to cook with?

I don't suppose that you do or ever will, but I still love you.





No comments: