Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Shake on it.

Sometimes when you shake hands with the devil you don't realize that it isn't the devil at all, it's just you on a bad day. So you go out into the world and you do the things you shook on, and then when the spell is broken and you come to your senses you feel kind of embarrassed. So you go on with things trying to be the best person that you can be, and every once in a while a post card like memory just finds it's way into you, and there you are again facing the devil, except that this time you know that it's you.

Cryptic? Not really, it's just how I feel when I find a thread that leads to somewhere inside my ribs where I've stored bad memories. Usually there is someone else attached and I can't do anything about it anymore. It's not because I lack the bravery, but because it becomes about letting go and untying the thread.

Make sense. Maybe not, but just remember look both ways before you shake hands with the devil.

1 comment:

Claudia Davila (Fran) said...

We are at the same time both God and the Devil.

I like to define evil as a lack of good, but in the end, I think God (nature, the universe, energy) is generally neutral and impartial. Maybe it's human consciousness that allows us to categorize and then promote good, if so inclined.

I used to think we were all born inherently good, but now that I think of it, maybe we're all just born inherently neutral (is that word in the same family as "natural"??) and then are taught to be good (or learn to be evil in the absence of good/love/guidance).

Post some more, V!!!