Sunday, July 02, 2006

Friends

I wasn't going to post this one, but with Claudia's request for more I thought I'd post it even though it was written last week and I have all kinds of photo's to share.



I recently had a great conversation with my friend Andie. She helped me out with a fantastic new haircut on Thursday and a new realization. One of my biggest complaints about Vancouver has been that it is generally an unfriendly city. People are superficially very friendly, but forming friendships here is difficult.

Hard core Vancouverites (remember the ones that Lughhhhhhve Vancouver) will dispute this fact and say that it's the new comers that aren't trying hard enough to make friends. I will say as someone who has been here for three years that my first year here was really fucking hard, and that no matter how outgoing I was no one wanted to know me, and finding work was like trying to find a snowball in Mexico.

What Andie made me realize is that it's o.k to not be friendly. Thanks Andie!

No comments: