Friday, July 07, 2006

V is for Vacation!

These are crabs that are tearing apart a muscle. I have a video of them going at the poor thing and it looks like it's sped up they are moving so fast. What amazes me about the little crabs on Qualicum beach is that they come in all kinds of colours from bright green to deep red. Some of them have a really big left pincher and others are symmetrical.

When the sun is setting and the tide is coming back in if you stand very still on the rocky part of the beach you can hear them scuttling around the rocks. It's such an eerie sound because you can hear thousands of them moving around and if they had a collective consciousness they would probably attack and eat you!


Jelly fish!
Arrrgh! Monster shadows.
I don't usually do the Bavarian Farmer girl thing, but because my bangs stood straight up I decided to pay homage to my roots. I can't even begin to describe how amazing the air smells here.


And the Ferry ride home...sigh. V is for Very sad to go home so soon.

No comments: