Saturday, July 15, 2006

More On Driving in Vancouver

I forgot to mention the 'by the way I'm turning left' and the also popular 'I'm turning left sometime in the future'.

The first is when you are going along just dandy like, and all of a sudden the jerk in front of you decides that they want to go left and stops with no warning. So if you are new to driving in Vancouver keep some space between yourself and the driver in front of you.

The latter is the exact opposite. This driver will have their turning signal going for a couple of blocks leaving you wondering if you'll be going 30 km/hr forever.

Like in New Jersey (check out New York Hack)people here don't often use turn signals so you may find yourself in a collision. If you do use your signals to change lanes you'll find that if there is a car behind you in that lane they will speed up so that you either can't get into the lane or they will do the 'speed up, cut you off then slow to a crawl' as mentioned in my last entry. This is by far the most aggravating driving technique I have ever experienced anywhere in the world; I challenge you to find one more frustrating. It reminds me of being in kindergarten or grade one when being first was really important for no real reason.


No comments: