Monday, March 20, 2006

sigh

Have you ever had a conversation with someone who either just isn't listening or perhaps is in denial of hearing loss? I just had this conversation:

Mom: (insert Czech accent) Hi honey (honey is a new word for her, her boyfriend uses to avoid having to remember your name) I am calling because I didn't want it to miss your birzday.
Me: Hi mom, it's not my birthday untill Wednesday.
Mom: I know it is tomorrow, but I didn't want it to miss it.
Me: But today is Monday.
Mom: I know that is wny I call today, because I didn't want it to miss it.
Me: But today is Monday and my birthday is on Wednesday.
Mom: I know, vat date it is? It's 20th, so tomorrow is your birzday.
Me: My birthday is on the 22nd, Wednesday.
Mom: I know, so tomorrow iz your birzday and I did not want it to miss it so I call today.
Me Thanks mom, how are you?

sigh.

1 comment:

Claudia Davila (Fran) said...

Who needs movies when we've got family?