Friday, August 04, 2006

Lovely


These are some photos that I took on a walk with Dane. There is and inlet a few blocks away from where we live that opens to the ocean. Mario's ice cream factory and shop is right there too! Mmmmmm chocolate.


This is the area where the Olympic village will be built. When the 2010 winter Olympics are over the buildings will be turned into fair market condo's. What might save Vancouver from another architectural nightmare is that many of the old warehouses that are quite charming have been granted heritage status. Though most of them are derelict the facades must remain and be brought back to their original state. As you all know by now, I think that most of the architecture in Vancouver is embarrassing and uninhabitable. Let's cross our fingers and hope that this new era of construction mania doesn't add to the clutter known as Vancouver.



Along the seawall I caught the sun as it was setting behind the Burrard Street Bridge.

I am constantly amazed at how near to natural beauty I live. What I can't even begin to describe is the air. It's salty, fresh and so clean. It has you breathing in deeply so that the very far reaches of your lungs can fill with the sea salt infused air. It makes you feel dizzy and alive. Although I'm prone to exaggeration this does not even begin to explain the feeling of breathing in the fresh sea air.

No comments: