Thursday, August 31, 2006

Little Bee

It's been a busy couple of weeks, which is why I haven't been writing. I'm buying for Spring '07, and all of our fall inventory is starting to not roll in, but pour in. We've got some really exciting new things for the fall season so I can't complain.

I've been wondering about something...I'm not sure that I can express it very well but I'll try. A couple of weeks ago I was talking with Dane and I asked him what kind of person I seemed like. What I meant is that people dress certain ways so that they can be recognized by their tribe, so to speak. Some people you can tell like certain things and you can guess what kind of conversation you would have with them by the tattoos they have or their hair cut. Dane said to me that I am like the little girl in the Bee costume in the Blind Melon video that made them famous in the 90's. In the video this little girl is in a Bee costume and she tap dances but no one in her town understands her. One day she finds a field full of people dancing in Bee costumes and she joins them. I can't remember the details of that video, but that's the sentiment anyhow.

You'd think that I would feel better knowing that my tribe is out there somewhere, here's the problem...I think my tribe are spies incognito. I know this because I'm incognito; which would mean that if I ever came across a field of dancing people in Bee costumes, so to speak, I'd be completely unaware of them.

Why am I boring you with this? I want you, if you know me, to write to me and tell me where I belong, not because I'm lost, but because I'm really curious (I already know that I'm a total geek though). All of my friends, to me, seem really different from one another.

So you tell me.

3 comments:

Claudia Davila (Fran) said...

Now I wish I'd seen that Blind Melon video -- the only visual that comes up for me is the Men Without Hats video, "The Safety Dance". And you're definitely not like any of the characters in that one!

You're like Neo in The Matrix when he was in the crowd of people on the street who couldn't see him, as he observed everyone realizing they were just hollow, computer-generated images!

But, there is a part of your message that sounds sad to me (but I can relate to it) because you seem alone and isolated. I too have struggled to feel connected to people around me, but always feel like I'm looking out from inside my head, grasping to connect but in the end just observing and reacting. Does this resonate with you? Maybe we need more Pisces or Kapha in our systems??

veronika said...

Yeah, I know what you mean, it's what I mean too. Some people just connect instantly because they are in some kind of clique and they dress a certain way as a kind of code or communication (like the bee costumes).

You are definitly your very own person, that's a good thing...and even if we're not in bee costumes I'm glad I found you!

miss tango said...

I think I´m tribeless.