Sunday, April 16, 2006

Morning


I took this photo yesterday on my way home from the grocery store. Sometimes the light glows blue and it makes your skin look porcelain, this was one of those moments. It's the most magic of all magic hours any where I've ever been. Even though people were around it felt very still and quiet. The light (when there is light) in Vancouver is one of my favourite things about the city. The sunsets are multicoloured and brilliant. There are also about a hundred different kinds of rain, I know in Toronto you only have rain, drizzle or full on thunder storms. Yesterday was rainy in that damp, cold sticky way it gets sometimes, after the rain the light poured out in an even blue glow all over the buildings and the streets...and my skin.



These are cheery blossoms that hang over the sidewalk along side the Lee building at Main and Broadway. They are another amazing part of Vancouver. They grow everywhere and for about two weeks the city looks as though it's a fairy tale land. In Japan the cherry blossom festival means that you have to sit under the trees as they snow petals onto you while you drink sake and sing karaoke. Robin told me about that, she didn't sound too keen on it though.


This morning Dane and I had coffee at soma, this is a photo of our coffees and Dane's hand. Soma is the kind of place that's too cool for school. The space is quite beautiful, hardwood floors, white walls with sometimes good...... but usually bad art, and high ceilings. The people who work there are nice and the coffee is usually good, but sometimes some of the customers...Well...Love the band hate the fans. Dane and I like to have coffee there fairly regularly so I'll have more photo's of soma in the future.

1 comment:

veronika said...

I would LOVE to see the photo's! Turbo hey? Sounds hot.