Saturday, December 15, 2007

passing time

Hello!

It has been a long couple of weeks. We are getting closer to Christmas and it feels like a dramatic crecendo that is building with each day.

The first week of December brought my mother, a move, a mould problem, new furniture, fishes, a couple of fish deaths, longer Lark hours, loads of stories and not enough time to share them!

Also, I had possibly one of the very best steaks of my life last night. Pied a Terre Bistro is lovely, warm, welcoming and the filet mignon was so tender it was almost buttery. The menu there is really simple and unlike anywhere else in East Van. They don't mess around, it's steak frites, creamed spinach, a roasted stuffed tomato and your choice of sauce. Simple perfect food, delicious...go there!

The mother visit went alright. I asked her and her boyfriend not to come to the store during operating hours and they came by 4 times. Other than that I enjoyed seeing my mother. I worry because she smokes that we don't have a lot of years left to right wrongs and become closer.

No comments: